My Breastfeeding Badges of Honor

Bed Rest ~ Day 51

4:13:00 PM Posted In , , , Edit This 2 Comments »
Today started out so nicely. Granted I had to literally drag myself out of bed because I've been so exhausted lately but other than that, a good morning.

I had my first (and last) physical therapy appointment today at 12:45pm. There is no way I will be doing that again. Even if I wanted to, I don't Rob would go for it. I thought I was going for heat and massage therapy...wrong! She did a basic exam (bend this way, stretch that way sort of thing), which I know she needed to do to get a baseline and whatnot. What I didn't expect was for it to hurt so badly. All I did was bend and touch my toes a few times, lean back a few times and a stretch 3x for 30 seconds. After I did the stretches she wanted me to get up and try this belt thing. I couldn't do it. I literally could not get off the table.

Now I have a high tolerance for pain but this was un-Godly. On that lovely scale of 1-10, my pain was way past 10. I just laid there and cried. She (the PT) wanted to get heat on it but it was a struggle for me to move. After rolling me on my side (at that point you could have ripped my arms off and I'm not sure I would have noticed), she was able to get the heat on my back. Then after a few minutes (I have no idea how long it was.), I was able to sit up. Then after sitting with the heat for a few minutes, I was finally able to get up.

That was 3 hours ago and I'm still in gobs of pain. I caved in and took a Darvocet and it's not even touching it. I have muscle relaxers but I'm hesitant to take them right now. Mainly because I've been having a lot of cramping with some contractions since the whole ordeal. I'm afraid if I take the muscle relaxer on top of the Darvocet that I'll be so out of it, I wouldn't be able to keep up with the contractions/cramping.

So no more PT for me. I'll have to find another way to cope with the pain for the rest of the pregnancy. *sigh* I have no idea what that other way to cope is, unless it's pain meds and muscle relaxers. Hopefully, Dr. D's office will call with some ideas.

51 down ~ 84 to go

2 Comments:

Julie said...

yikes. how about prenatal massage instead? I'm having a heck of a time finding someone willing to do it but I'm gonna keep looking. I'm in pain too - it sucks. :(

Nicole said...

I wish I could pack up my PT guy and mail him to each of you! :(

Ah...true love...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

***My Baby Boys***

Lilypie Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

You are *here* too!