My Breastfeeding Badges of Honor

Bed Rest ~ Day 77 Locked and Loaded?!

9:45:00 AM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
Again I may be jinxing myself, but I'm thrilled (honestly, I am) to report that Elliott Richard slept THROUGH THE NIGHT!!!! (Woo who!) That makes 3 full nights sleep in a row! Of course, we finally seem to have this down pat and just as we all get used to it...along will come Tiny. (lol)

As for today's plans...we are planning on going to Grandma and Grandpa G's house for a big ole family cookout etc. Before we can go there are a few things we need to do....

  1. I need to take a shower.
  2. Elliott Richard needs a bath.
  3. I need to take my meds and get my "morning torture" (as I've taken to calling my Heparin injections).
  4. Gavin needs to pack for Grandma W's.
  5. I need to make plans to meet up with her.

I'm looking forward to a change of scenery and Grandpa G's ultra comfy Lazy Boy recliner. (Yes!) And hopefully there will be lots of yummy food to fill my tummy! :) My only concern about the day is that when I'm over there I tend to get up more than I do here at home...and I'm not sure that's such a good idea. I'll just have to make sure Rob is nearby at all times.

I'm still feeling like Tiny is dropped. Although I'm not quite sure if he's "engaged" or not. Meaning I think he's head down and hanging out in the birth canal, ready to come out and play. But I don't know if he's "locked" down there or if he can still pop out. I'm hoping he can still pop out. But I know he's down there pretty good because when he gets the hiccups now (usually 3-4 times a day) I only feel the little "bomp bomp bomp" down there and on my cervix. Before I would feel them all over and my whole belly would jump with them. I keep praying that he's going to pop back out and hang out in there for a while longer (only another 5 and 1/2 weeks) but I'm not sure that's going to happen. *sigh*

So while I'm not going to L&D or anything. And I know that a lot of you are already praying for us. If you could just pray extra hard that we make it to 36-37 weeks, I would really appreciate it.

I hated having Elliott Richard in the NICU, although the staff made it completely bearable and as pleasant an experience as possible. I hate that his medical records will forever read "preemie" because he was 36 and not 37 weeks. Plus on a completely selfish level, I would rather avoid the "bottle v breast" debate in terms of which will get him released faster. And again on the selfish level, I am going to want to be in the NICU all the time but with two kids "on the outside"that isn't going to be nearly as easy as it was with one.

Pray! Pray! Pray!

77 down ~ 58 to go

0 Comments:

Ah...true love...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

***My Baby Boys***

Lilypie Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

You are *here* too!