My Breastfeeding Badges of Honor

It's the little things.......

10:47:00 PM Posted In Edit This 2 Comments »
Some of you may remember I gave up my prized xbox 360 Elite (which was my only outlet) in order to replace our video camera. It was really the only thing I had left I hadn't sold off. I hung on to it as long as I could but I decided I would rather have the ability to record and document our lives (which I love to do) then play video games.
Well I used my fathers day gift (Best Buy gift card) to get Call of Duty 4 for my PC (which is actually pretty high because of my video editing and computer repair work I do for people out of my home office).

I had mistakenly assumed that I could use my wireless 360 controller for this game (like you can with most new games). Turns out you can't and that really sucked. I have never been able to use a mouse and keyboard to play a game like this. I used to play my xbox Live friends in Call of Duty 4 for the 360 all the time after the kids went down at night.

After a day or 2 of really being mad at myself for not checking the controller info out before getting something I cannot return, I decided to try the mouse and keyboard because I LOVE this game. Not that anyone cares but I am actually getting pretty good at it now. Once I beat the single player game I may try online.

This is the only good news I have to post. It's stupid but it's all I got at this point. It's the little things.......

2 Comments:

Chris said...

my husband plays that game all the time. he got a little controller that has a mini keyboard for one hand along with some thumb controls and uses the mouse with the other hand.

I'm glad you're getting better with it.

If you'd like to keep looking though, this might work....not sure though...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=6785099&type=product&id=1089890729982

Or this is like what my hubby uses...

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8609696&type=product&id=1192233008066

Glad you still have your COD4 ... I know it's a huge stress reliever for my hubby and about the only socilization we have time for :)

Chris (from TTC Buddies)

Rob said...

Thanks.... I have a wireless 360 controller already (Best controller ever, IMHO). COD4 for the pc doesn't utilize a controller and that was my problem. As for the one handed controller your husband uses I am going to look into that because it looks SWEET. Thank You so much for your post. Maybe when I get used to the new setup I will see if your hubby wants to play. I was really good with the 360 version but still struggle with moving around sometimes. I would get killed :) LOL...


Thanks Again

Ah...true love...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

***My Baby Boys***

Lilypie Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

You are *here* too!