My Breastfeeding Badges of Honor

My Tiny little space heater

11:05:00 PM Posted In , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I'm laying on the couch watching cheesy reality television with my Tiny little space heater on my chest. This child puts out more heat than most furnaces! Seriously. So it occurred to me tonight that I posted we were going home and then I just jumped into picture mode (because it's the easiest way for me to post anymore). So now that I've made good on my promise of pictures it's time for me to update on Emmett John.

First, allow me to take a moment to thank those of you who have been praying for my Tiny. He needs all the help he can get at this point. With that said, Emmett John is actually doing really well.

The Respiratory Therapist came to the hospital at about 5:30pm yesterday. She took about a half an hour to teach Rob and I how to use the Home Apnea Monitor. Once we learned about all the different lights and alarms I nursed Emmett John and we were released at around 6:30 pm.

On our way home we stopped at the grocery store to pick up a few things. We had Emmett hooked up but opted to leave the monitor in the car since we would be with him. So of course, in keeping with the crappy luck this is our lives, he had an episode in the store but since he wasn't hooked up the monitor didn't record it. *sigh*

He's been hooked up from then on. We made it all night last night without any episodes and only one alarm because his leads came loose. (For a baby that doesn't sweat, these leads are sure sneaky and migrate really easily.) When we woke up I was freaked out at first because I had remembered the episodes but momentarily forgotten about the monitor so it scared me that he slept so well last night.

He made it most of the day without any issues too. Then this afternoon he was in his swing while I was updating some things on the blog. I heard him cough so I stopped and listened. Then I heard him cough again followed by gagging and choking. I can honestly say I haven't moved so fast in a very long time. I don't know how long the episode lasted. I know it was less than 20 seconds because the alarm didn't sound. I don't know if it was less than 16 seconds, which is the amount of time needed to trip the monitor to record. As horrible as I'm sure this sounds, I can only hope that the episode lasted at least 16 seconds so that Dr. H can see it and maybe find some answers. He sees Dr. H on Wednesday for his 2 month appointment so hopefully we'll know more then.

Other than that, he's had a pretty good day. As I write this, he's laying next to me on the couch trying to decide if he wants to smile and talk to me or fuss. Oops...sounds like he's chosen fuss. Gotta go.

0 Comments:

Ah...true love...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

***My Baby Boys***

Lilypie Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

You are *here* too!