PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My Breastfeeding Badges of Honor

It's official...

8:19:00 PM Posted In , , Edit This 1 Comment »
Every once in a while I have these...moments where it is glaringly obvious to me that I am mother simply based on my reaction. For example, I just found dried snot from Elliott's cold/runny nose on my hand. It did not gross me out. It did not affect me in any way shape or form. I grabbed a wet wipe and cleaned it off. End of story. Before kids, that would have been gross and disgusting.

I can't remember my first moment like that after Gavin was born. However, I do remember the first one after Elliott was born. Elliott was maybe 3 months old, tops. It was some where between 2 and 4 a.m. and I had just nursed Elliott. I was laying on the couch and Elliott was laying on my chest. He spit-up in my hair. I was sitting up and the way I holding him, well, he then spit-up IN my mouth. Prior to this very moment, the thought of this ever happening to me was too gross for words. Once it happened...well, it really didn't matter. I was slightly grossed out. But I just kept on going. No big deal.

Crazy the things that become normal once you are a mother.

1 Comments:

Anonymous said...

That doesn't surprise me one bit. Moms always seem to be okay with everything. I'm that way with my sick cat, and she's not even my child! And...Even when Moms are not okay, they seem ok to their kids because they have a tough, brave exterior. At the age of 28 I am just now learning that my mother is squeamish about blood and hates the sight of it. I remember this one time when I got very hurt and was bleeding from every pore in my face. I was maybe 4 or 5 years old. She just grabbed some towels and held me and cleaned me right up like it was nothing, soothing me the whole time and telling me I'd be ok. I bled all over her and the couch and carpet. I found out the other day that after that happened, she cried in the bathroom for over an hour while I was taking a nap, because it terrified her so much. It's funny because I never would have known it. So I bet even when things do bother you, your kids would never in a million years know it. One of the awesome things about moms. :)

Ah...true love...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

***My Baby Boys***

Lilypie Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

You are *here* too!