PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

My Breastfeeding Badges of Honor

Sleeping Beauty

12:44:00 PM Posted In , , , , , Edit This 0 Comments »
I cannot wake up today for the life of me.

Elliott Richard woke up at about 6:30 or 6:45am, which may be sleeping in for some of you (Debbie, I still don't know how you do it!) but that's *early* for us. I drug myself out of bed and off we went downstairs. Usually once I'm moving around and doing my daily routine I wake up. Not the case today. I was going through the motions. I think I even ate a bowl of cereal. But I could.not.keep.my.eyes.open. I dozed on the couch from 6:50am until about 9am when Rob woke up. (Just an FYI, Noggin shows make for some seriously screwy dozing dreams! lol) I think I may have even fixed Gavin a bowl of cereal and a glass of milk, although don't quote me on that because I'm not sure. lol When Rob woke up he had to get ready to go to work but was worried I wouldn't be able to stay awake. I seriously don't know what is going on with me. I've been getting *plenty* of sleep. Heck, I woke up at 7:45am (the usual time in case you were wondering) yesterday and took 2 naps (1 for about an hour and the second for nearly 3!). Granted I didn't get to bed for the night until midnight because Rob and I were watching the premier episode of "Law & Order", which has been missing since May of last year. So I was super excited to watch. But I typically don't get to bed before midnight anyway so I doubt it was that. I'm thinking it's related to the Darvocets I'm forced to take. (I'm prone to migraine headaches, although when I'm not pregnant they are not tied to my hormones in anyway. However, whenever I'm pregnant all the extra hormones amounts to many, massive migraines. I see Dr. D on Monday because the migraines are already so bad and I'm only 11 weeks. *sigh*) But I took my last Darvocet at 6pm last night so I really doubt I was still sleeping it off at 7am. Who knows. Maybe I'm just channeling Sleeping Beauty. Yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it. ;)

In other news, our health insurance is causing problems with Gavin's speech therapy. They want updates and re-approval every 3 months - even though they give approval for 6 months at a time. However, his speech therapist, Melanie, turned in her request 3 weeks ago and they won't approve it. They won't say why. I hate this. He needs the therapy so that his speech can improve, thereby allowing him to communicate with the world around him. It's already difficult enough for him to communicate and they are only making it worse by setting him back. Everytime I try and call to complain it says I'm being transferred but then they disconnect me! I'm so sick and tired of beurocrats who have no experience in the medical profession deciding which services my disabled 7 year gets!!! He *needs* these services if he is ever going to have the opportunity to function in normal society!!! He *needs* these services if there is to be *any* hope of Gavin not living in a group home once he's an adult!!! He *needs* these women to help him to make even the smallest sense of the world around him!!! I can't help but wonder how quick they would be to cut services for the sake of "the bottom line" if it were their child on the line? How quick would they deem services "unneccesary" if it directly effected their child, their family and their day-to-day lives? Again I ask, when did the medical profession become all about the money thereby dropping the care of the patient to the bottom of the list?

0 Comments:

Ah...true love...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

***My Baby Boys***

Lilypie Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

You are *here* too!