7:40:00 PM
Posted In
20 weeks
,
Bed Rest
,
Dr Appt
,
Medical/Health
,
Pregnancy
Edit This
I had an appointment at 3:20pm today with Dr. D to discuss our "plan of attack". Starting tonight/tomorrow I am taking Procardia to help with the contractions and "irritabilities". My modified bed rest is now defined as "resting 90% of every day" which equals about 2 hours/day of movement permitted. I did the math...that's about 5 10-15 min bathroom breaks and 1 half hour shower (prep, shower and getting dressed included) per day. That leaves 15 mins for snack grabbing, sippy refills and other misc. Because of the bed rest, he has also started me on the blood thinner, Heparin, twice a day until further notice. He said he would have used Lovenox if we were sure that I was going to make it to 34 weeks. Since we don't have that guarantee, we are using Heparin because there is an antidote that can be given in case of emergency procedures. I also have to see him every week so that he can keep an eye on things. I had my blood drawn tonight to get a "base line" and I will have it redrawn once a month until Tiny is born to check my clotting factors.
I'm not sure how I feel about it all yet. Rob took me for my "last meal" after my appointment. Then we went to pick up the boys from his parents house (Thanks Mom, Dad and Kate!) since they had watched them while all this took place. We stayed for a brief visit since it would be my last trip out until next Tuesday when I go see Dr. D again.
If you are interested, here are the stats from my appointment:
Weight: 169 lb.
Tiny's HB: 156 bpm
Fundal Height: 21 cm
0 Comments:
Post a Comment