My Breastfeeding Badges of Honor

13 Things I am Thankful for this Year

5:00:00 AM Posted In , Edit This 5 Comments »

Thirteen Things I am Thankful for

1.... Rob, my darling husband. He is the love of my life. I can't imagine life without him.

2.... Gavin Alexander, my beautifully unique oldest. His Autism definitely makes life more complicated and difficult, however, I'm truly blessed to have him as my son. He has helped me become the mother I am today.

3.... Elliott Richard, my kind-hearted trouble-making middle baby. While every baby truly is a miracle, Elliott Richard is my first miracle baby after I was diagnosed as infertile. I am grateful for him each and every day.

4.... Emmett John, my snuggle bug baby.

5.... My pregnancy with Emmett John ended with a happy, healthy baby boy and absolutely no time spent in the NICU.

6.... Rob's adoption of Gavin finally went through - completeing our family and putting an end to 7 years of emotional warfare.

7.... Everyone managed, by the grace of God, to survive the last 7 years of legal Hell and emotional warfare.

8.... Rob is so understanding of my health and physical limitations.

9.... My friends and family. Each and every one of you who has been there, loved and supported us during our struggles. First, while we fought to protect Gavin. Now while we struggle to find our footing again. You've never judged or attacked, only shown us unconditional love and support to the best of your abilities. I will be forever grateful for all of you.

10.... All of your (my faithful blog readers) positive thoughts and prayers over the past year.

11.... Laughter. I may not laugh as much as I like lately but I'm grateful for the times I do get to laugh.

12.... Dr D. and his amazing nursing staff and all their medical expertise for making #3, 4, and 5 possible. Rob and I firmly believe that without these wonderful people Elliott Richard, Emmett John and myself would not be here today.

13.... And my completely shallow thing that I am thankful for, my cell phone. While it's the polar opposite of girlie and what I want, it is exactly what I need and I couldn't get along without it. (Thank you to my darling husband for forcing me to use it. Somehow you always know...which is really irritating sometimes. ;) lol)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others' comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



5 Comments:

Adelle said...

You are truly blessed. Happy Turkey Day!

Nicole said...

I just had to say I remember the whole argument about #13 so I'm totally sitting here laughing!!!

Di said...

I think everyone is entitled to one materialistic, shallow thing to be thankful for...and my iPhone might just be that! So I can relate!

Samantha said...

Happy Thanksgiving! A vegan, but yummy, recipe for you. Combine 1 pkg of spice cake mix, a small can of pumpkin pie filler stuff, and 2/3rds water and bake as directed on cake box. Pretty tasty, but absolutely no milk!

Samantha said...

I heard you got to spend some time with my Ishie today! Grams told me that mom was putting Sofie down for her nap and she was fussing a bit..she said Elliott exclaimed, "Oh, Sofa! I'll find you!" So cute :)

Ah...true love...

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Wedding tickers

***My Baby Boys***

Lilypie Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

You are *here* too!